Here are some of my top picks for awesome spiritual music, including many of my all-time favorites. Links are to Spotify, where you can listen for free, but much of this music can also be found on YouTube and elsewhere. Enjoy!
I’m always searching for more great music like this. If you know of some, please drop me an email!
- Imee Ooi – gorgeous Buddhist chants
- Kevin Braheny and Tim Clark – sensitive, high-vibration electronic music
- Oneness Music
- Kristian Thorsager – gorgeous male vocals, slow and sensitive, spiritual themes sung in English and Sanskrit
- Deva Premal – Indian mantras set to Western music – very popular – many tempos and moods
- One River by Benjy Wertheimer and John De Kadt (album) – unique, extraordinary and hard to describe – just listen!
- Jai Uttal – Indian mantras with eclectic musical styles – usually upbeat and energizing
- Craig Pruess & Ananda – 108 Sacred Names of Mother Divine – Sacred Chants of Devi (album) – profoundly deep and devotional
- Devi Prayer (song)
- Snatam Kaur – extremely popular female mantra singer, gorgeous voice, awesome energy, many moods and tempos
- Libera – boys’ choir with brilliant songs and arrangements – very high spiritual vibe. A boys’ choir may sound unlikely, but Libera is one of my favorite groups!
- Peace (album)
- Sacred Earth – gorgeous instrumentals featuring the bansuri (bamboo flute) from India
- Ananda Giri
- The Oneness Om (song) – Maekisala and I play this song all night while we sleep. A deeply ambient sacred space with gentle rising chants of “Om”
- Vive — gorgeous female vocals – Sanskrit chants in wonderful electronic arrangements (not on Spotify; link goes to artist site)
- Gayatri — absolutely stunning arrangement of the traditional Sanskrit chant — one of my favorite songs ever! (Link goes to YouTube)