I constantly strive to help my clients understand the raw material of their chart’s energies. This allows them to take charge of their destiny and consciously partner with their planetary forces. Maximizing the high-side potential of their charts lets them enjoy a life filled with abundant growth, fulfillment and happiness.
The Law of Attraction, the idea that our thoughts create our reality, dovetails naturally with this philosophy. I often discuss it during my consultations.
By its nature, the Law of Attraction works for everybody. But, based on my client work, natal aspects involving the 10th and 12th letters of the astrology alphabet* make it especially potent!
Before I get too deeply into the astrology, though, here’s a brief Law of Attraction overview. (For an extremely simple, astrology-free how-to article, read my earlier post The Law of Attraction Made Simple.)
Law of Attraction Primer
The Law of Attraction was most recently catapulted into mass consciousness by the popular video The Secret. (It was the astrological timing of the DVD’s runaway success that clued me in to the aforementioned 10-12 resonance. But more on that shortly!)
The Law of Attraction is hardly a new idea. The Secret was inspired by Wallace D. Wattle’s century-old book, The Science of Getting Rich. Ernest Holmes’ The Science of Mind is a Law of Attraction classic. It became the foundation text for The Church of Religious Science and its offshoots after its 1926 publication. And Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich gave hope to those struggling to survive the Great Depression when it appeared in 1937.
Today, Esther Hicks is one of the highest-profile Law of Attraction teachers. Esther channels Abraham (a collective of nonphysical, but very materially minded entities) in up to 60 cities per year.
For a while, I immersed myself in dead and living Law of Attraction authors via book, video and audiobook. Many books have been written about this idea down through the generations – my current favorite is Creating Money: Attracting Abundance by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer. I enthusiastically recommend this channeled material!
Based on what I learned and experienced, I have created this bottom-line summary of the basic LOA technique:
- Get it on paper. Write down the outcome you desire, in as much detail as possible. If composed electronically, be sure to print it out. Ink on paper is the first level of physical manifestation.
- See the details. Imagine what you desire as if it has already manifested. Direct a 3-D movie in your mind. Experience your desired reality in your imagination in as much detail as possible. Include all five senses.
- Feel the euphoria! As you visualize, feel powerful, positive emotions. Pump yourself up with maximum happiness, euphoria, joy, bliss and ecstasy. In your imagination, celebrate the fact that you are now enjoying the manifestation of what you desired!
- Karma-Free Safety Clause. You want to insure that your visualization is in harmony with divine law. Therefore, close with the Karma-Free Safety Clause. It states, “This, or something better, now manifests for the highest good of all concerned.” (Short form: “This or something better.”) This gives Spirit permission to substitute as needed to keep your manifestation karma sparkling clean. It also lets you do worry-free, full-power visualizations!
Finally, don’t worry about how your desires manifest – that’s up to Spirit. Specifying that your desire must be fulfilled by means of a particular person, or via an exact scenario, may prevent or delay its manifestation. However, if you can see ways in which your own efforts can help bring it about, roll up your sleeves and jump in!
The 12-10 Connection
Now that we understand our Law of Attraction basics, let’s address the astrological factors.
The Secret received extensive media coverage from Fall 2006 through Spring 2007. It drew the most attention via several episodes of The Oprah Winfrey Show. The most powerful sky transit during this period was a Saturn-Neptune opposition, exact in August 2006 and February and June of 2007.
Neptune and Saturn represent the 12th and 10th letters of the astrology alphabet. In a Law of Atttraction context, Neptune represents imagination and visualization. Saturn represents crystallization and physical manifestation. Thus it was perfect timing that these planets’ opposition, the aspect of relationship, was the astrological headliner during this latest Law of Attraction outbreak.
Neptune and Saturn were also making major aspects when earlier Law of Attraction landmarks were published. They were square when both The Science of Getting Rich (1910) and The Science of Mind (1926) were published. Think and Grow Rich (1937) came out when they were in 0pposition.
Strong Saturn-Neptune aspects don’t just affect Law of Attraction books. I have also found that clients with strong Saturn-Neptune (or 10-12) connections are naturally powerful manifesters.
This appears to be true even when the client does not use Law of Attraction consciously. In such cases, people can experience distinctly unpleasant outcomes. As I often tell such clients, “Worry is a sincere prayer for what you do not want!”.
The Pivot Technique
To help such clients (or anyone) deal with negative thoughts, I frequently offer my version of Abraham’s Pivot Technique1. To do this, first congratulate yourself on becoming aware of any negative thought. Then visualize its positive opposite while generating joyful emotions. Doing this consistently can reprogram negative thought loops into positive ones.
I developed my 10-12 Law of Attraction theory several years ago. Since then, I have tested it with about 200 clients who have this chart signature. When I ask them if they’re good at manifesting the things they really want, they almost always say yes! (I should note that my clients tend to be more spiritually aware and committed to personal growth than most people. This, of course, makes it more likely that they would have awakened their inherent Law of Attraction potential.)
Admittedly, this anecdotal evidence is hardly scientific proof. But the abundance of smoke does suggest a fire!
The easiest way to spot a Law of Attraction signature is to find aspects between Saturn and Neptune. Going back as far as World War II, these two planets were in quadrature (conjunction, opposition or square) aspect, or darn close, in the years 1944-45, 1952-53, 1962-63, 1971-72, 1979-80, 1989, 1998-99 & 2006-07.
Quadrature aspects tend to be the most powerful. However, I’ve also seen Law of Attraction-talented clients with Saturn and Neptune connecting by trine and sextile. Non-Ptolemaic aspects such as the quincunx and semi-sextile can also be manifestation markers. There seem to be numerous aspects that will do the trick!
Other Law of Attraction Signatures
Using the logic of the astrology alphabet, any cross-fertilization of Saturn/Capricorn/10th house and Neptune/Pisces/12th house could produce a Law of Attraction signature. Beyond the Saturn-Neptune aspects already discussed, these could include Saturn in the 12th House, Neptune in the 10th, Saturn in Pisces and Neptune in Capricorn. (These last two were both happening when Saturn and Neptune were in mutual reception from 1/29/94 until 4/6/96. I expect this group of kids, now in their mid-teens, to blossom into Law of Attaction powerhouses!)
I’m also beginning to suspect the existence of other Law of Attraction signatures. The natural movement from Pisces to Aries – dreaming to doing – would seem to suggest a 12-1 connection. Indeed, I recently worked with a client who manifests extremely well, but lacks any 10-12 signature. But both his 12th and 1st houses are loaded!
There’s no telling many Law of Attraction astrological signatures may exist. But my observations have shown that one in particular – connections between the 10th and 12th letters of the astrology alphabet – consistently resonates with a special ability to shape reality with thought.
* The astrology alphabet contains 12 letters. The archetypal energy of each letter is represented by a house, a sign, and that sign’s ruling planet(s). For example, the first letter is represented by the First House, Aries and Mars. The second letter is comprised of the Second House, Taurus and Venus. And so on. In this context, I find that modern rulers carry more weight than ancient ones. Thus I only list Neptune, and not Pisces’ ancient ruler Jupiter, in describing the 12th letter.
1. Esther and Jerry Hicks (The Teachings of Abraham), Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires, Hay House, 2004, pp. 249-256.
Revised 3/7/13. Originally published in the 3/14/11 newsletter.